Hi guys! I hope you all had a super fun (and fit) holiday weekend and are adjusting to real life again. I had a lovely little weekend of taking walks, working out, barbecuing, dancing, and drinking way too much wine and beer. You know, the typical Memorial Day. Brittany came down to my work on Monday and together we served meals to seniors in need. She’s a keeper, that one.
All about the orange
So onto the fun fitness stuff… Last Friday, a couple of friends and I tried out another new workout and I loved it! The studio is called Orangetheory Fitness and it’s a franchise so you will surely see them popping up all around town. All three of us loved it and I will be going back this Thursday with a group of 7 of us – that’s how legit I think it is! When I invite friends and tell people about something, it’s the real deal.
So here’s how Orangetheory works: Everyone is given a heart rate monitor that is registered with their own height and weight. Your heart rate and calorie burn appears on flat screens around the studio at all times along with everyone else’s. The group is divided up and some people start on the treadmills while others hit the rowing machines or weights. A trainer then instructs everyone on exactly what to do the entire time.
- Loves numbers. You will have tons of fun watching your heart rate and calorie burn on the screens.
- Is competitive. I’m competitive and I want to burn more calories than my friends and hit the right zones more often. I’m sure I’m a blast to work out with.
- Enjoys a challenge and thrives on variety.
- Doesn’t like to plan or think about your workout and would rather be told what to do.
- Doesn’t mind dropping a pretty penny on fitness. $$$
- Enjoys the camaraderie of working out with others.